Power Up Tech Academy is seeking smart and enthusiastic individuals to teach small groups of kids how to code, using our kid-friendly curriculum. This position is 100% online and candidates will be working from home.
The schedule will be within the hours of Mon-Fri from 3pm-8pm Central Time. Weekly hours will range from 5-15, depending on your availability and actual registration. Please indicate your ideal hours and schedule in your application,
We are looking for candidates who can commit to teaching through the end of May. A summer position in 2022 is possible for those interested.
- Energetic and motivational online presence
- Excellent communication and teaching skills, specifically with kids
- Able to be both fun and serious, entertaining and educational, with kids
- Formal or informal education experience with kids and/or teens
- Computer science knowledge and skills at the college level, or equivalent experience - specifically in Python and Web Development
- Detail-oriented, organized, reliable and responsible
- Shared passion for Power Up Tech Academy's mission of teaching kids to code in a fun, dynamic environment!
You do not need to be a certified teacher or a Computer Science major, so long as you can demonstrate these skills.
- Appropriate set up for online instruction, including a quiet space, clean and kid-friendly background, high speed internet, computer with webcam and microphone
- Illinois location preferred, but we may consider other locations for highly qualified candidates.
How to Apply:
- Make a short video (max 3 minutes) introducing yourself and explaining why you are a strong candidate for the position
- Submit your resume and a link to your video using the "Apply Now" button on this page.
- Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions
- Please include your availability (e.g. days and times that you can or cannot work)
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis, and multiple instructors may be hired. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Power Up Tech Academy is a woman-owned business and dedicated to providing equal opportunities for candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or any other demographic.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying